لینک های دسترسی

Afghan Authorities Hold Suspects in Murder of Foreign - 2002-02-09


Afghan authorities are holding two men in connection with last year's murder of four foreign journalists.

An aide to interim Interior Minister Yunus Qanooni today (Saturday) gave no details and said authorities are still questioning the suspects.

The four foreign journalists were shot dead November 19th, after gunmen ambushed their car on a notoriously dangerous stretch of road that runs from the eastern city of Jalalabad to the capital, Kabul.

The driver traveling with them said they were forced from the vehicle, marched up a hillside and shot at close range after they refused to go away into the hills with the gunmen.

The victims include an Australian cameraman for Reuters T-V, an Afghan-born Reuters photographer, a Spanish journalist for the daily "El Mundo" and an Italian correspondent for "Corriere della Sera."

XS
SM
MD
LG